Meet Dr. Melanie Cooper
Dr. Melanie L. Cooper is the Founder and CEO of Triumph Over Diabetes. She is indeed a mover and a shaker in the medical community in metro Atlanta, GA. She is known as the no-nonsense doctor who is always willing to take risks to tackle tough problems.
First, Dr. Cooper started her medical career as a Family Medicine practitioner. However, as she continued practicing family medicine, she discovered a serious problem that was common to most of her patients. They were diabetic sufferers. Some even died from diabetes.
That didn’t settle well with her. it was time to declare war over diabetes. It was time to tackle a tough problem yet again. As a result, Dr. Cooper walked away from her family medicine practice. She embarked on a journey to eradicate and reverse diabetes.
She rolled up her sleeves and immersed herself in research to get to the root of diabetes. Her findings were very disturbing. All the statistics she found were dismal. What’s more disturbing is the fact that diabetes is not unique to one country. It’s a global epidemic.
As a result, Triumph Over Diabetes was founded. Dr. Cooper’s dream is to create a worldwide movement to crush diabetes. Many of her colleagues are already onboard.
Some Of Dr. Cooper’s Accomplishments
- Completed her undergraduate education at the University of Maryland
- Completed her family medicine residency training at Emory University School of Medicine
- Currently the Medical Director of the Hyperbaric Clinic at Lithonia in Georgia
- Secretary of the Department of Family Medicine at Gwinnett Medical Center
- A member of the American Diabetes Association
- Served as an assistant professor in the Department of Hematology/Oncology of the Winship Cancer Institute at Emory University School of Medicine for seven years
- Served as the Assistant Director of the Georgia Comprehensive Sickle Cell Center
- Coordinator of the Sickle Cell Transition Program
- Participated in numerous medical researches